Retired or Work from Home?
Consider Volunteering or Working as a Pallbearer
A Dignified Farewell
When citizens living on the edge of society – or those who have no family or friends – pass away, there’s often nobody to oversee their journey to a final resting place.
To provide these members of our community with a dignified farewell, we enlist the help of volunteer pallbearers – not only to assist in the practical aspect of carrying the casket, but to ensure the deceased has someone to respectfully acknowledge and honour their life during burial.
Helpers can Volunteer their time, or accept a $35 donation to a charity of choice or payment for participation.
Help us to ensure that all members of our community are given a careful and dignified burial; volunteer or work today as an eco Pallbearer.
- Ability to lift/carry
- No medical conditions that restrict physical activity
- Availability on 24 hour notice
- Burials often occur in Peel Region at Mavis & the 407, Toronto at Jane & Steeles & Pickering at Brock & Concession 3, Monday-Friday
- Must have own transportation to Cemetery. All are transit accessible
- Practical, closed-toe footwear. No dress code required.
- Individuals of all gender identities welcome. LGBTQ-inclusive environment.
How You Can Help
Whether you’re a teen wishing to dedicate your high school volunteer hours to a selfless cause, a retiree looking to give back to the community, or a veteran who wishes to ensure the dignity of a fellow community member, we encourage you to volunteer as an eco Pallbearer.
We currently have a need for volunteers or workers in Peel Region (Mississauga/Brampton), Concord (Jane/Steeles) & Pickering.
Volunteer or Work Today
Mississauga & GTA - 647.660.5056
Toll Free - 1.800.326.1324
For more information, or to volunteer, please contact us!
Please include a phone number where you can be reached.